Set up Xero
To connect your FoodByUs account with Xero, navigate to Finance / Integration
Step 1: Authenticate Xero Account
- Click "Connect to Xero" button
- You will be asked to sign into your Xero account if you are not logged in. Sign in with your Xero email and password. FoodByUs does not store any of your Xero credentials.
- Once signed in, you will be asked to authenticate access for FoodByUs to send invoices to your Xero account. Click "Allow Access". You will be redirected to FoodByUs for the next step.
Step 2: Create / Link Contact and Select Account
- Xero requires a contact associated with each invoice sent to the Xero system.
- If you don't currently have a contact for FoodByUs in Xero, select "Create FoodByUs contact in Xero"
- If you already have FoodByUs as a contact in Xero, select the contact under "Select from existing Xero contacts"
- All invoices sent automatically from FoodByUs will be associated to one account/cost centre in your Xero. To choose which account you want to associate with FoodByUs invoice, select from the dropdown of accounts. Common account selected are Purchase, Food Cost, or Expense.
- Click "Save". Your FoodByUs account is now linked to Xero successfully.
Automatic sending of FoodByUs invoices
Once your Xero account is connected to FoodByUs, your invoices will automatically sent to our Xero under the select organisation and account in your setting every time a new invoice is created.
To view your invoices and check whether an invoice was sent to Xero, navigate to Finance / Invoices & Statement
- Send invoice to Xero: To send an invoice that has not been sent to Xero (for example, invoices you have before you connect your FoodByUs account to your Xero account), click on "Send invoice to Xero" next to the invoice you want to send
- View invoice: To view the invoice that was sent to Xero, click "View invoice"
- Update invoice: If for some reason, your invoice in FoodByUs account doesn't match Xero account, you can update the invoice in Xero by clicking "Update Invoice" button